Quaked

4233883780_65ce6cef86

via

…We had a small earthquake here this morning.  I was putting on my makeup when it started just quaking.  At first I thought there was some construction going on, on top of our apartment causing the building to shake, but then it got a little out of control.  I was so disoriented for quite a while after it.  The kitties were freaking scared, they were both wide eyed and creeping along low to the ground, poor things.    It was a little freaky as earthquakes are extremely rare here in Canada.  There is a school across the street and all the kids started majorly screaming …it was wild.  I along with quite a few people thought the world was coming to an end. Phew, not today.

Have any of you had earthquake experiences??  I know they are a lot more common in the certain parts of the world.  But they are new to me…and, yikes….

8 comments:

the spectator said...

We've had a few here in the Land of Oz. It is a very strange, unsettling sensation while the earth is moving. Thankfully nothing major in Melbourne.

Asylum Dolly said...

I've felt a few tremors in the different places states i've lived here in Aus. It is a really weird feeling! There was a big one in the town of Newcastle a long time ago. It is a coastal town, with a big coal refinery thingy (UGLY and SMELLY) there, and there are all kinds of conspiracy theories that BHP somehow caused it by doing something dodgy or whatever.

What i find really weird are that we are getting twisters over here now.The top end of the country always gets big cyclones, so it's probably not that weird really.
There is this little sleepy town on the coast near where i used to live, and a random mini tornado whooshed in and destroyed half a caravan park, then left. That IS weird. I think mother nature is having revenge on us for being such a bunch of dicks to her.

I hope your kitties are feeling better!

Diana said...

i'm a californian and a 5.0 is like an eye roll for us. i can understand the nervousness, but glad to read you are ok.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The world is getting stranger!
never heard Canada could experience quakes?! Glad everyone including kitties are fine~
xo

Aline said...

we have them all the time here in cali! like diana said, a 5.0 is not a big deal to us, but unnerving nonetheless!

drollgirl said...

oh boy. so glad you are ok. we have them way too often in california. i have been through some big ones, and they are rather terrifying. the one in northridge a long time ago was HORRIFYING. it felt like a giant came along and was shaking the world like it was a snow globe. so scary! and the cats cannot handle such things! mine go bonkers every time we have a quake!

Sam said...

Gosh! That is mighty strange! In Canada! We had a huge one here in Newcastle which is quite a way up the coast about 20 years ago. The city of Newcastle was totally destroyed but down in Sydney I felt it too - it was like a majorly big truck rumbling down the road. I bet they have some stories to tell those Californian gal blogger pals!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Sounds like an unsettling experience. Glad to hear everyone was ok. We had an earthquake a few years ago, but I slept right through it. My roommate at the time burst in my room and said that she fell out of the bed, she was so surprised by the shaking. I've also slept through a hurricane. God forbid my house ever catches on fire while I'm asleep...