egomania

…Is hardcore narcissism amusing or downright annoying? I can’t decide.

…Lately I have felt both ways in regards to people’s insane self obsession. I’m sure people can only guess I am talking about Facebook. I have an absolute love/hate relationship with it. I really do like using it for keeping in touch with “real” friends, family, and even cool peeps I’ve met online. …and I like sharing cute, funny, important videos, photos & information.  …But the whole taking a trillion gazillion photos of yourself and updating your status updates in regards to every bit & emotion of your day is soooo tiring, and to me it’s just such a cry out for attention, especially those constant “poor me, my life sucks” or bragging about life constantly updates.  I just don’t get people that do this. I am guessing they need  validation from other people to feel good about themselves. Does anyone feel this way?! I hope I didn’t offend anyone. I am not saying posting photos of yourself is bad or divulging your thoughts is bad. I just think people go off the deep end with it.

People should stop being SO into themselves, it’s rather embarrassing.

17863219_QZymMabf_c

via

460416306_4294799bf9

via

108331336_8efe925431

via 

4431932383_8e81465b39

via

 

3164523604_ea08897e6a

via

2472978678_d8266c67c3

via

563897_97581d9e4b

via

3412544058_9c8c97a36c

via

3427378151_62f9030997

via

3951012528_7a57094ab6

via

3417990950_0cc32034df

via

4912157825_e4dfea928b

via

2246442911_16e4f3149c

via

16516884_2fcbe10dda

via

3478184932_1e034eb0fa

via

3427176016_e63fee7a66

via

It is the nature of the ego to take, and the nature of the spirit to share.”-Proverb

The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance.”-Samuel Butler

Ego: The fallacy whereby a goose thinks he's a swan

*********************************************************************************************************

p.s.- Cats are known to be narcissist, do you think this is true? ;)

7 comments:

Zachary Araki said...

I agree with you although I do think that some people do need to feel the approval of others to feel better. I know of a lot of friends who feel like that and I myself sometimes find myself searching for some kind of attention or approval.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I agree 100%!! As a result, my FB friends list is small. Mostly family, and a handful of friends from my high school days.

Pesky Cat Designs said...

I have a facebook page for my business and a personal. I rarely post pics on my personal mostly because I don't take many personal photos. But I love to see photos of dear friends who live far away since it makes me feel more in touch with their lives. So I have a love hate relationship with it. I completely understand how you feel.

LOVE those cat pics!

Star said...

More great cat pics, today, thanks! Regarding FB,..."Amen!" People share stuff that is too personal, and will come to haunt them, personally and professionally.

yasmine said...

ha! i know.

confession: i do the same thing. but on twitter O_o

*hides*

:) love your blog!

drollgirl said...

dude. i cannot STAND facebook. i am a hypocrite and i have two accounts (one personal and one for the blog), mainly because it seems that you have to. facebook is the only means of communicating with some types. the meaningless and self absorbed and self promoting updates are pretty much revolting. barfaroni (see also TWITTER for this type of activity). barf! but i guess i am part of the problem.

my other issue with facebook is all of the nimrods that come out of the woodwork from the past and want to be friends. we were never friends in REAL LIFE, so why should we be facebook friends? it is all so fake and cursory. well, not ALL of it, but a lot of it.

and my fucking douchelord brother is one of the worst things about facebook. he is always trying to promote shit and get paid for shit -- by hustling his own friends and relatives -- and facebook is the perfect format for this activity. i fucking hate it. so much so that when he tagged me as a relative (or whatever you call it), i FAILED to confirm it. he is a douche and i want to keep my distance from his retardedness.

um, sorry for the long comment.

and the kitty in the mirror shots?! TO DIE FOR. going to back to look again!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. My kitty Mischa loves looking at herself in the mirror... and rightfully so. She is a beauty. :D